DARC continues to strengthen the governance and Boards of various organizations and companies by evaluating Board members, leading to better structure and higher productivity of the Boards.
BOARD RELATED SERVICES:
- Board development workshops and trainings.
- Board orientation.
- Board retreats.
- Effective board structuring.
- Board recruitment and assessment.
DARC’S GOVERNANCE ACTIVITIES:
Governance Round Table
DARC conducts Governance Round Table Meetings (GRT). The Governance Round Table (GRT) program was designed to bring together nonprofit practitioners at various levels in their organizations to discuss governance practices among nonprofits in Nigeria.
Non-profit Governance Briefs
DARC’s Non-profit Governance Briefs
Click here to view the Governance Briefs topics
- Assessing performance to identify targets for change
- Board assessment and evaluation
- Board essentials
- Board members’ self-assessment
- Building group cohesion and teamwork
- Characteristics of effective Boards
- Conditions for successful Board development
- Developing financial policies
- Examining the Boards performance
- Getting past the ask: Ways Boards overcome their fear of fundraising
- How effectiveBoards add value
- How should Board minutes be written, approved and kept?
- Restructuring meeting time and committee work
- Steering towards the future with authority and accountability
- Tending to process (the way to an effective Board)
- Terms of engagement for Board participation
- The Nonprofit Boards questions
- What is the Board’s role in the annual financial audit